Patron Services Representative
Job Title: Patron Services Representative
Reports to: Patron Services Manager
Classification: Regular part-time hourly (18 – 30 hours per week)
Employment is At-Will – either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
Purpose of the Position: To support the subscription and single ticket sales taking place during The Phoenix Symphony’s production season and provide a high-level of customer service, generating a positive patron experience.
Essential Functions: With or without reasonable accommodation, and under general supervision, an employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, which include:
- Initiate, receive and process telephone, walk-up and mail-in ticket sales orders
- Provide detailed performance and venue information to patrons and staff to encourage salesand improve customer relationships
- Process online ticket orders
- Assist with maintaining the Symphony’s patron database
- Prepare ticket mailings for both subscription and single tickets
- Stay current on all event information taking place throughout the Symphony
The Essential Functions listed are representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of good customer service practices
- Ability to make good judgments
- Skills to communicate professionally and comfortably, both by telephone and in-person with patrons
- Ability to organize files, data, and information with a keen attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of rudimentary math
Overall Level of Knowledge Required: Basic Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Experience with Tessitura ticketing software a plus
The desired list of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities is representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.
- No specific office experience required
- Ticketing experience is desired, but not mandatory
- High school diploma
- Some college course work in a related field or general education is a plus
Any acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to work evenings and weekends at the Symphony Hall box office, as well as other venues across the Valley, during Seasonal performances
- Ability to answer frequent telephone calls
- Ability to utilize computer keyboard (typing) and sit for extended periods of the work day
- Ability to reach, stoop, grasp, grab, et cetera
The description of Working Conditions and Physical Demands is representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified persons should submit the below listed information in Word or PDF format via electronic mail:
Three (3) professional references
Submit your application materials in Word or PDF format by electronic mail only to:
Director of Human Resources
The Phoenix Symphony is and Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and persons of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other non-merit factor