Title: Philanthropy Associate
Reports to: VP of Philanthropy
Classification: Regular Full-time Salaried Non-Exempt
It’s an exciting time to join The Phoenix Symphony performing arts as we celebrate our 76th Anniversary. As one of the greater Phoenix area’s most iconic institutions, we are seeking dynamic, outgoing, goal-oriented team members to join our team and help propel the Symphony into its next phase of artistic and organizational growth.
Purpose of the Position:
The Philanthropy Associate supports the essential functions of the Philanthropy Department and collaborate with across the organization as needed, working alongside department colleagues and staff from Audience Engagement and Marketing, Finance, and Community Outreach Departments to provide a positive experience with donors and subscribers/ticketholders.
Essential Functions: With or without reasonable accommodation, and under general supervision, an employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, which include:
- Solicits, cultivates, and stewards a portfolio of donors who contribute annual gifts from $100 to $999.
- Processes contributions and generates donor acknowledgements. Enters all contributions into Tessitura database and create paper/electronic reports.
- Assists Database Administration Manager with Tessitura software and tools updates.
- Scans and makes copies of accompanying gift paperwork as necessary for accurate gift entry, record-keeping and audit purposes.
- Maintains/updates Tessitura database with accurate address, phone/email information, current and past contributions, obituaries, biographical information, call reports and contacts made by development officers.
- Generates monthly renewal letters and reminders.
- Prepares lists and reports from Tessitura, with emphasis on automation.
- Provides weekly batch, donation and reconciliation reports to Finance.
- Attends Phoenix Symphony performances throughout the season.
- Performs concert duty responsibilities including Donor Society Lounge set-up/tear-down and attendee stewardship.
- Manages inventory of department collateral, stationery and gift materials.
The Essential Functions and General Duties listed are representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.
- Working knowledge/understanding of sales and/or fundraising principles and practices, customer relationship management, moves management.
- Ability to engage/interact with a wide variety of people at various levels of responsibility within a company, foundation or institution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline tasks, maximize efficiency without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and loyalty.
- Excellent phone, written, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work as a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Interact effectively displaying high level of professionalism with a wide variety of individuals
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office Suite – emphasis on Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs desired.
- Basic knowledge of fundraising database and/or customer relation management software programs (Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce).
The desired list of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities is representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ professional experience:
- In nonprofit fundraising or nonprofit administrative assistant roles.
- In using fundraising database and/or customer relation management software programs (Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce) a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Non-Profit Management, or related field required
- Any equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience will be considered
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to utilize computer keyboard (typing) and sit for extended periods of the work day
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds when transporting supplies and assisting constituents; occasional hands-on participation with event set-up is required
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The description of Working Conditions and Physical Demands is representative, not exhaustive; some may be added, deleted, and/or modified, as organizational needs change.”
The Phoenix Symphony is and Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and persons of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other non-merit factor.