Additional Cancellations Impacting Your Tickets
Wednesday March 18, 2020
UPDATE: Performance Venues Cancelled and How These Closures Impact Your Tickets
March 18, 2020
Dear Phoenix Symphony Friends,
In accordance with the Centers of Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendation on mass gatherings of less than 50 people, and the announcement by the City of Phoenix of the closure of Symphony Hall, The Phoenix Symphony is cancelling the below performances to further mitigate risk to our patrons, musicians, staff and community. In addition to recent cancellations, effective immediately, we are cancelling all of our performances through May 10.
The performances affected by this cancellation are as follows:
- Debussy, Ravel and Prokofiev – Saturday March 21 and Sunday March 22 at Symphony Hall
- Mendelssohn and Schumann – Saturday March 27 at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- Music of David Bowie – Saturday March 28 at Mesa Amphitheatre
- The Beatles’ Abby Road – Saturday April 4 at Mesa Amphitheatre
- Beethoven’s Symphony No 7 – Friday and Saturday April 10 and 11 at Symphony Hall
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince™ – Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 17-19 at Symphony Hall
- Charlie Chaplin’s City Lights – Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 24-26 at Symphony Hall
- Beethoven and Rachmaninoff – Friday and Saturday, May 1-2 at Symphony Hall
The Phoenix Symphony is dedicated to providing flexibility for our patrons given these circumstances. Ticket holders for the above performances have the following options:
Donate your tickets. The Phoenix Symphony relies on the generous support from the audience we serve in order to bring music to the stage as well as serve the community through our many health, wellness and education programs. We are asking patrons to donate your tickets back to The Phoenix Symphony and receive a tax-deductible donation. Now more than ever The Phoenix Symphony needs your support to keep the music alive in our community.
Apply tickets to your account. Our box office can apply funds to your personal account for future use. This will be the value of your tickets for each of the performances mentioned above.
Our Patrons Services team is ready to accommodate individuals’ needs. Please contact our Box Office for assistance at 602-495-1999, Monday – Friday, from 9am to 5pm. However, due to anticipated volume, we ask for your patience as we address each and every case.
We are closely monitoring the situation and will keep you apprised of any additional changes to our performance schedule. Music speaks to all of us especially in the time of uncertainty. Thank you so much for your support and understanding.
President & CEO