Preparing for the Concert
Resources for Preparing Students
- We’re Going to the Symphony! - A concert etiquette guide for how to behave as a good audience member! Includes classroom activities and assessment tools.
- Who is The Phoenix Symphony? - One-page handout for students providing an overview of The Phoenix Symphony.
- People in the Orchestra - One-page handout and quiz for students on the people involved in producing a Phoenix Symphony concert.
- Phoenix Symphony Stage Plan - One-page diagram for students showing how the Phoenix Symphony instrument families are arranged on stage.
2015-2016 Study Guides
Symphony for the Schools Guides
- Stay tuned for 2015/16 Symphony for the Schools Study Guides
Bach-'n'-Roll & Classroom Concerts Guides
- String Ensemble: The Science of Sound - Download
- String Ensemble: The Building Blocks of Music - Download
- Brass Quintet Guide - Download
- Woodwind Quintet Guide - Download
- Percussion Ensemble Guide - Download
Coffee Classics Field Trip Activities
Suggested activities for education groups - Check back in Fall 2015
These activities will Include information for the following concerts:
- Respighi's Pines and Fountains of Rome - Friday, October 9
- Brahms' Symphony No. 2 - Friday, November 20
- Masterful Mozart - Friday, January 8
- Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 - Friday, January 22
- Haydn's "Nelsonmesse" - Friday, March 18
- Sibelius' Symphony No. 2 - Friday, April 15
- Berlioz and Sibelius - Friday, May 27
Past Study Guides
- Good Vibrations - Download
- Great Works of Literature in Music - Download
- Music and Math - Download
- Día de los Muertos - Download
- The Snowman - Download
- Symphony in Space - Download