Symphony for the Schools
As the signature program of The Phoenix Symphony, Symphony for the Schools is an extraordinary opportunity for K-12 schools to attend a world-class concert at Symphony Hall. Concerts occur during the school day and are uniquely designed to align with Arizona's College and Career Ready Standards. Over 25,000 students each year connect the exciting world of music to literature, history, math and science.
What You Need to Know Before Making a Reservation:
- Concerts are appropriate for grades K-12 in any type of public, private, charter, parochial, home school or alternative education group (see concert descriptions for age appropriateness).
- Concerts are approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Regular admission is $3 for students and adults (adults include teachers, parents, chaperones, and all other non-students) OR for schools designated Title I by the AZ Department of Education, admission is $1 for students and $3 for adults.
- Concerts take place at Symphony Hall located in downtown Phoenix (unless otherwise noted). Seating is general admission.
- Concert times are either 10am or 11:45am (specify choice on reservation form).
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Payment may be made by credit card, check, or purchase order.
**Although there is a fee to attend this event, we are pleased to announce that we can offer affordable education programs for students of Arizona with the aid of various Phoenix Symphony supporters. This process is ONLY for A RESERVATION to secure a seat for a Symphony for the Schools concert. When completing a reservation for this event, the total payment is not required immediately and will appear as $0.00. However, the price structure is as follows: Adults - $3, Regular Students - $3, Title I Students - $1.**
Click here to reserve your spot today!
Attending Symphony for the Schools
- Information for Teachers: What You Need To Know About Attending Symphony for the Schools
- Parking & Directions: NOTE: The Phoenix Symphony does not validate parking.
- Bus Passes: 10:00 am Concert | 11:45 am Concert
Study Guides and Education Resources:
Study guides for each concert containing connections to Arizona's College and Career Ready Standards, lesson plans and assessment tools will be available to download from our website prior to each performance. To visit the Resources for Educators page, click here.
To make your trip to Symphony Hall more affordable, we've assembled a list of organizations and foundations around the Valley that help subsidize school travel. Included are guidelines for applications written by The Phoenix Symphony Education and Community Engagement staff. Visit Transportation Assistance for more information.
2016-2017 Symphony for the Schools Dates and Programs:
Paint to Music Contest January 2017
Check back for the 2016/17 Paint to Music contest information and music examples.
The Phoenix Symphony wishes to thank the following sponsors for their support of the Symphony for the Schools program:
- American Airlines Presenting Sponsor
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Edward H. Lane Foundation
- Nordstrom Cares
- U.S. Bancorp Foundation
- Wells Fargo Bank