Take a field trip to Symphony Hall!
Symphony for the Schools
The signature program of The Phoenix Symphony provides K-12 public, private, charter, parochial and home school groups an opportunity to attend a world-class concert at Symphony Hall. Our 2018-19Season includes:
What to Expect This Year
- Continued collaboration with Phoenix Theatre, one of the premiere arts organizations in the state.
- Students will explore how they can develop their character and contribute to their communities with this year’s topics: Take Action and Be Your Own Hero.
- Both programs will be led by the Phoenix Symphony’s Assistant Conductor, Matthew Kasper.
Dates and Times of Performances
SFTS 1 – October 2-4, 10:00 am and 11:45 am
Take Action aims to give students the power to find their own voice in their schools and in their communities. Join The Phoenix Symphony’s Assistant Conductor, Mathew Kasper, as he leads the orchestra through a program of classical favorites and modern orchestral hits. Accompanied by actors from Phoenix Theatre, the students will follow the orchestra as they explore how musicians and composers have taken action in their own times and communities.
SFTS 2 – May 14-16, 10:00 am and 11:45 am
Be Your Own Hero
Phoenix Symphony Assistant Conductor, Matthew Kasper returns to lead the orchestra through Be Your Own Hero, the second installment in the Symphony for the Schools 2018-2019 series. This program features a variety of orchestral works that aim to inspire the young audience to do that right thing and work toward the greater good, no cape necessary!
Sensory friendly and relaxed audience dates – Wednesday @ 11:45, for both programs.
Paint to Music
Paint to Music is a unique partnership between The Phoenix Symphony and Young Arts Arizona (please visit their website for more information about the organization). Students attending the “Perspectives and Reflections” Symphony for the Schools concert are invited to submit artwork created while painting to music selected from the concert.
What You Need to Know Before Making a Reservation:
- Concerts are appropriate for grades K-12 in any type of public, private, charter, parochial, home school or alternative education group.
- Concerts are approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Regular admission is $3 for students and adults (adults include teachers, parents, chaperones, and all other non-students) OR for schools designated Title I by the AZ Department of Education, admission is $1 for students and $3 for adults.
- Concerts take place at Symphony Hall located in downtown Phoenix (unless otherwise noted). Seating is general admission.
- Concert times are either 10am or 11:45am (specify choice on reservation form).
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Payment may be made by credit card, check, or purchase order.
Link to SEATS Booking Website, for Non-Title 1 Schools
Educator Resources (Including Transportation):
We are pleased to offer affordable education programs for students through the aid of various Phoenix Symphony supporters, and wish to thank the following sponsors specifically for their support of the Symphony for the Schools program:
- American Airlines Presenting Sponsor
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Edward H. Lane Foundation
- Nordstrom Cares
- U.S. Bancorp Foundation
- Wells Fargo Bank