Statement from The Phoenix Symphony on Additional Cancelations of Upcoming Performances
Monday March 16, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tom Evans, Evans Communications
602.448.5483 | email@example.com
Statement from The Phoenix Symphony on Additional Cancellations of Upcoming Performances
PHOENIX (March 16, 2020) — After closely monitoring the escalation of the COVID 19- Pandemic, The Phoenix Symphony is canceling the below performances to further mitigate risk to our patrons, musicians, staff and community. Effective immediately, we are canceling all of our performances through April 4.
The performances affected by this cancellation are as follows:
- Debussy, Ravel and Prokofiev – Saturday March 21 and Sunday March 22 at Symphony Hall
- Mendelssohn and Schumann – Saturday March 27 at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- Music of David Bowie – Saturday March 28 at Mesa Amphitheatre
- The Beatles’ Abby Road – Saturday April 4 at Mesa Amphitheatre
This decision was done following careful consideration of the impending developments. We are currently in the midst of an unprecedented health crisis and The Phoenix Symphony is committed to protecting our community.
The Phoenix Symphony is dedicated to providing flexibility for our patrons given these circumstances. Ticket holders for the Mendelssohn and Schumann, Music of David Bowie and The Beatles’ Abby Road performances have the following options:
- Donate your tickets. Donate your tickets back to The Phoenix Symphony and receive a tax-deductible donation. As a nonprofit arts organization, The Phoenix Symphony relies on the generous support from the audience we serve in order to bring music to the stage as well as serve the community through our many health, wellness and education programs.
- Apply tickets to your account. Our box office can apply funds to your personal account for future use. This will be the value of your tickets for each of the performances mentioned above.
Our Patrons Services team is ready to accommodate individuals’ needs. Please contact our Box Office for assistance at 602-495-1999, Monday – Friday, from 9am to 5pm. However, due to anticipated volume, we ask for your patience as we address each and every case.
The Phoenix Symphony is closely monitoring the situation and will keep you apprised of any additional changes to our performance schedule.
About The Phoenix Symphony
The Phoenix Symphony is Arizona’s largest performing arts organization presenting classical and pops concerts at Symphony Hall in downtown Phoenix as well as throughout central Arizona from September through the beginning of early June. Founded in 1947, The Symphony provides unparalleled civic value to the community by performing for more than 125,000 students and children annually as well as touching the lives of tens of thousands of adults through its health and wellness programs, including the nationally acclaimed Alzheimer’s Research Initiative through the B-Sharp Music Wellness, A W.O.N.D.E.R Project. For more information, visit phoenixsymphony.org.
— 30 —